Monday, April 18, 2011

OK, I'm still in pain, but it's a good pain

How to share files with students. How do I do that without making myself an object of media scrutiny ... or derision.

Well, I have been using Dropbox with myself ... that is seeing how easy it would be to share files between my iPhone, Macbook and other wonderful Mac products. But ... there is also Google Docs ... but I have not yet had a lot of time to use/play with that technology.

Well, there is also FarFinder/Presence which is kinda messing up the waters. Provide an URL to one file where students can read/download an entire class' set of readings in one go ... or download the readings one by one.

To their smartphones... which after today, might prove to be a not so smart phone. Man, I need to do something about Internet Addiction in my classes. Kinda frightening what people think they can do at the same time. Seriously.

In any case, I need to be more savvy than my students in oder to lead them to greater wisdom .... or at least what to do "when their printer runs out of ink at home"

No comments:

Post a Comment