
Well, I have been suffering a good deal from "double Burnout" - that feeling after getting through a tough part of the year, wherein a lot of you free time is sucked out of you by, well, working.
And now, I am working on my annual learning plan. That is, I made a concerted effort to find ways to integrate technology into my classroom. And I found something "new" ... at least, new to me.
In a word, "Wordpress".
One of my buddies swears by it. I'd like to sit with him, but he's in Vancouver. And he runs his own "bid'ness", and really can't spare the time to sit with me. (as an aside here, I will be sitting with the Ontario Blues tech support dude learning how to use "Dartfish" the first week of June. That should be cool, man. Fo' sho.
But back to the "Wordpress camp" in Ohio this June. Seriously. That would be above and beyond the call of this e-ducation thing, right?
Right?
That it is for people trying to make money off of their blogs and writing for the interwebs is not the point. That I could take students to the "next level" (I HATE that cliche) and get them the skills they need to thrive in an electronic/digital environment is the point. Schools are here to provide help with that.
Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment