Friday, May 14, 2010

The next step


Ok, I have not been the best blogger for this particular blog.

I have, however, been blogging elsewhere.

and I am going to make my class use blogs to further their own learning in the next six weeks course I teach.

I've also been reading online about how else to use blogs, why to use them and to make them a part of my Pro Dev.

How will I make it a part of their mark?

It will be integrated into what it is that we do in the classroom. Class Portal is also something I am finding useful. But Blogger.com being free and easy to use is what I want to continue to learn by and with.

Why?

Well, one of the first "Short Pieces" in my Short Story Unit will be "How to make money with a blog". Heck, I might even make it a web quest.

In any case, at a staff meeting, I let my fellow staff members know about the results from my Health for Life course blogging results. It worked well, but using blogs was more of a survival technique than anything else.

I mean I had to come up with a way to teach students healthy choices about physical education while in a computer lab. What else are we going to do?

Here is a few of the links to go and see for yourself:

Student One
Student Two
Student Three

and someone who was less than finished when the course ended.

As you can read, there was some really good work being done. I was impressed. So much so that I want to continue to use blogging in my classroom. There is always the question of facilities and whether or not it was a useful learning tool. But, I think, on the whole, blogging is a good way to learn literacy, technology and perhaps take on a career.

Or it could be just about keeping my students off of facebook. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment