Saturday, May 29, 2010

Streaming da vids


OK, I admit it. I've gotten a little off track on this blog.

I think I went a little crazy with the looking around the internet, the trying to express stuff through which I was wondering out loud how to get stuff done.

Ya know, I am only hooman.

In any case, here is a streaming video, one version of which started my off on my road to where I am now. I follow Karl Fisch's blog these days, and he's the one that put together the now famous "Did You Know" presentation:





I mean, it's good. This particular version has not quite got the same feel as the one which I was presented first, three years ago. But it was something that set ideas in my head. Teaching is running the risk of losing a whole number of students if we do not get on board. Older teachers, me included, have to keep sharpening skills in order to keep the learning going forward.

I know what Marva Collins would say; I know what my dad (a man with a similar length of time spent in a classroom) would say: technology will never replace a teacher, or motivated students.

But, what about the ones I need to suck into learning, as unwilling as they are? What if I have to get them to learn Shakespeare through blogging about it? Or tweeting about it?

Hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment