Right, so today the course had me watching a number of videos I'd already seem as a part of my own PLP... things like the "Did you know 4.0", and there were others
and this one, too:
In any case, the question that needed answering was "What are ten things you need to know about blogging" ...
well, it's funny, as I am just finishing up a course at the moment, and I thought about those things this afternoon:
1) start early - the earlier the better
2)perhaps use blogs as a presentation/poetry tool
3)web design help NEEDED for me, students - some of their web design was really really bad.
4) how to make it interesting/relevant to their needs as learners
other blogs followed
other interests allowed on the blog
used as a PLE
5)spelling counts
6)title for each post - NOT “ CUL ACT POST #3”
7) “Chesser made me do this” is Awesomesauce. This one needs a bit of explanation, to be frank. While setting up their blogs, most students have literally no idea what to write or how to write it, so I give them that sentence. By now more than two dozen blogs begin with that sentence.
8)type face / fonts need to be “Normal”
9)all posts need a visual - video embedded or a pic
10) people other than the European dictators. ugh. this is a course that looks at 1984 and Animal Farm. Almost by design, they flock to the dictators of Europe and Asia. I mean it's interesting some of the stuff they discover for themselves, but I'd rather learn about places where they come from.
11) not all in one post - also a real flaw in this last course I just finished. Some were so illiterate in digital stuff, that they would work ont he posting at home, email it to themselves to be retrieve at the school, then click and paste it into a blog post... their entire five or six post post was all in one blog post. Kind of sad, really. I don't know where to start with such ideas.

No comments:
Post a Comment