Sunday, December 4, 2011

Here it is ...Day 2

So today's reading and question is all about "Web 2.0 - that my children will be educated in a far odder place than I was ... except I'm a teacher and I'm learning how to educate differently, too.

It's a chicken and the egg idea in my case.

Here's the click and paste of the question:

Think about this: What do you think Web 2.0 means? How is it different from "Web 1.0"? Can you list at least five Web 2.0 tools?

Web 2.0 is not a one way street, as it was before 2.0. Interaction must take place ... and going back and forth between the intended audience and the one producing the content. In my case, in my classroom, I need to be open to communication with my students 24/7 .. or at least more than usual. I also know that being more open, leads me to more risk, but there are now more ways to communicate while being safe, so that arguement is almost invalid now.

Five 2.9 tools would be Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, podcasting software like Garage Band, and perhaps iTunesU as a platform to start conversations. Those last two are weaker than the first few, but you get my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment