I've done some ProDev with Wikis; I know how they are supposed to work, and shortly, some time today I will get on to it.
But I want to pause here and comment on something. The technology is not the problem. Rather, I find that the fact that I am learning the technology is cool. I'm going to participate, more than likely later on this afternoon. At my own pace. at my own schedule. But I will do it.
But I find that I am really busy with stuff. Life gets hard some times, but I know that I will get it done. I know it.
Do my students?
I'm finding that people, well ... replace "People" with "my students", even though they are in a computer lab, are incredibly not motivated to get things done. Well, you know, that isn't fair. Some blogs are awesome. (Seriously, they are so well done and visually appealling and well written, one could be fooled into thinking they are getting paid to be in the class.) but I guess this post really is about the squeaky wheel and the grease.
The nail that sticks up.
Thinkiig about the sliver in your hand rather than the rest of your body
Finding out you have a small cut on your hand as you reach into the Salt and Vinegar chip bag..... (mmmm chips.....)
I guess this post is about the people that act socially irresponsibly in my class. The ones that I just can't get them to drink the cool-aid .... oops, I mean water. Water. I meant water.
Why can't they blog? Why? Because their lack of sudden "techno-illiteracy" is astounding. They can chat, see their route home on Google Earth, use YouTube, they can Facebook and eBuddy all night long, but ask them to put thought to blog (instead of pen to paper) they go absolutely raving mad. I find it somewhat convient this sudden onset of techno-illiteracy (SOTI) because now they have to do the assignments on paper.... and use the computers in front of them only for chat and the rest of the time wasting they might otherwise use to get out of high school ....
Ah well, I have to remember that I am the adult. At least that is what Marva Collins would have me believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment