Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"It's getting kinda hectic"



Yes, a lively reference to the song out now. Yes, a lively referenece to the way my life is at the moment. Getting work done in two online courses is hectic, to say the least.

Why did I do that? I dunno, I guesss I figured, I spend a lot of time online, and that I might spend it doing something useful, rather than staring at something idiotic. Or worse.

I have learned a great deal taking the OISE course. I have. Just not recently. I finsihed my major project the week before the Break, but emailed it in yesterday, finally. I have to catch up on my postings this week. Which is always a drag. I'm reading stuff now I should have read three weeks ago. Meh, I learned something today, and joined the CEC Ontario, too.

For the stuff I'm doing here, well, I have done a fair amount of posting, not all of it relevant to the material we should be learning, but relevant to what I am doing in class. As a bit of backgroud, I had my students create a blog and fill it with posts about fighting totalitiarianism. (We read 1984, an awesome novel)

But it continues to be a source of learning and growing as a user of the technology and that growth I can bring into the classroom. Hopefully we can disscet it, later.

Specking of dissecting, I ran into two articles today that make me glad I am where and when I am. The first is an artcile about the percentage of teachers that leave the profession in the first five years. The second is an article about a mom who works out, but is also beginning to struggle with having a child with special needs. I hope to look as good as she does when I get into my forties...

No comments:

Post a Comment