Sunday, March 14, 2010

Not sure what to make of this, but Break is off to a good start.


Well there are two ideas running through me head as I write this:

Hal Niedzviecki, someone who's writing I've always admired, has lost it.

Then I read his first post about "Blogging Boot camp" and the linked NY Times article, and thought they had all lost their minds, too.

Or perhaps I'm like one of those world wide travelers who, seeing some new thing, gaps open mouthed at the sight....

Constant interconnectedness? Really? Is this what we want? Is this what we need?

I also watched an episode of Love, Hate and Propaganda on the CBC website. Whoa. Could blogging/e-learning be the way out of something like they experienced in Germany in the 1930's? Could this e-learning be the way forward?

I believe that democracy needs information to freely flow in order for it to remain healthy. Where should that information come from? Who should be allowed to comment on it and generate meaning with it?

Ah, the best part about living in a democratic country is that everyone should/may/ could have access to the information; we just need to make sure that the people we teach actually want it.

I also finally watched the "Hyper Parents, Coddled Child" video, also on the CBC website. Whoa. Kinda scary.

On a personal note, ran a 5km race today. I'm STILL cool, 'cause my mom says so.

No comments:

Post a Comment