Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday morning

I seem to be a little bored this morning. Something, ennui, perhaps, is settling in. In previous years, I would have blamed the snow, but since I really didn’t get any so far, I’m just wandering without a thing to blame.

I’m really busy these days. My wife and I hosted a birthday party on the weekend; I did as much work for it as I could online. In addition to the inviting people , I got to post pictures, look for the nut-free cake and find a place other than my house to host the party.

(I hosted another party for a five year old once. Once. It’ll never happen again. Just finished cleaning up form that party .... like three years later....)

While searching, found a few blogs and started to notice just how fearful people are of losing their jobs while blogging. There are some real idiots out there, posting incredibly silly things about their employers and fellow employees, but is someone has a legitimate idea or thought about how to make something better and isn’t being listened to, why not blog about it?

“Truth to Power”, I guess. That idea that those in charge don’t want to hear from those “under” them.

On another note, I noticed that there are many blogs out there about fitness and food as you can shake a stick at. Awesome. I’m really enjoying this trip through the ... bowels? .... intestines? ... lungs? of education. Grateful at the chance to think about these ideas.

That, and Gen Romeo Dallaire (ret) looked awesome at the Olympics.

2 comments:

  1. We have a rule about birthday parties for kids at our house -- you can only invite as many guests as your age, and that caps out at 7.

    Just sayin' ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have the same rule. The five five year olds just ran rampant throughout the house. It was brutal.

    But since then, we've been bowling, out to public parks and at Little Goobers. Much less stress on me and my wife.

    ReplyDelete