Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Horse and Train? What?

Ok, I got this one already...

Why “horse and train”?

Not a bad question. It is a famous picture from a Canadian artist, Alex Colville. Seriously.

Here is a link to the pic itself;

http://www.artgalleryofhamilton.on.ca/edu/singArt.asp?artID=10


Yes, it is on permanent display in the Art Gallery of Hamilton (which is a misnomer in and of itself.... who know Steel workers could appreciate art?) and no, I have not yet found the excuse to get myself there to see it.

Anyway, there is an explanation of the title.

3 comments:

  1. I have a print of that piece of artwork. S'cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that my first exposure to Colvilles "Horse and Train" was in the early 70s when it was used for the cover art of Bruce Cockburn's Night Vision album. Thanks for using it on your blog to reacquaint me with two old friends. Foxglove never sounded better as it did tonight spinning on my turntable.

    Geez, I'm old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCBY9Fb8YGo

    Just curious to see if this works. New learning is all about experimentation right?

    ReplyDelete